Clear legal guidance for environmental issues
Remaining compliant with ever-changing environmental regulations can be challenging. Whether you received notice of a building code violation or need advice on performing an environmental impact study for a proposed commercial development, we can help.
We represent businesses and real estate developers, as well as homeowner, townhouse and condominium associations, and others in a wide range of environmental law issues such as:
- Air pollution regulations for public and residential property
- Building restrictions near wetlands and flood planes
- CERCLA claims, environmental liability defense, regulatory compliance
- Environmental issues on development projects
- Hazardous waste disposal regulations
- Liability for toxic chemicals used in building materials
- Pollution regulation
- Regulatory compliance plans for the prevention of oil spills or hazardous waste contamination
Preventative measures and smart negotiation
Quality counsel on regulatory compliance helps clients avoid potential violations and litigation. We will proactively guide you on issues such as indoor air quality and hazardous materials disposal before problems arise or are too costly to fix. And, when needed, we will work with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (US EPA), the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MA DEP) and the New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services (NH DES) to negotiate remedial measures on terms you or your business can live with.
Aggressive dispute resolution
However, when disputes are unavoidable, we will take immediate action on your behalf. If you have received notice of a violation, we are experienced trial lawyers prepared to defend your rights through negotiation with regulatory agencies or in litigation before administrative tribunals or local, state and federal courts.