“Service above self” is a popular motto among members of a well-recognized international service organization; but even before embarking on my community volunteer efforts, my family taught me to “always give back”. My careers of service as a nurse, a mental health counselor, and now as an attorney have provided me with many opportunities to help clients solve problems, face difficult challenges, and reach professional goals.
As a business attorney with over 20 years of experience, I served clients throughout Massachusetts and beyond. Before establishing a successful private practice, I served as In-House Corporate Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer for a national behavioral health care corporation that treated mental health and substance abuse addictions throughout the country. This opportunity created the foundation in business, regulatory, and employment law that I now use in private practice as I assist clients with their legal needs.
Today, my legal practice is focused on advising small to mid-sized businesses. My in-house experience provides me with the insight and understanding of a corporate counsel that is rarely found in firms north of Boston. Always useful, is my experience as a licensed mental health counselor which gives me a unique perspective when analyzing legal issues and representing clients in the negotiation process.
When matters turn into disputes, I’ve represented both plaintiffs and defendants in civil litigation and found that mediation is a successful alternative resolution for business disputes that brings an economy of cost, time, and emotions. As a firm believer in alternative dispute resolutions, I trained as a certified Massachusetts Mediator in accordance with M.G.L. ch. 233 sec. 23C and now provide mediation services to parties who are seeking an alternative solution to their business dispute.
Associations & Memberships
President, Greater Salem, NH Rotary Club, 2019–2020
- Vice-President, GFWC-New Hampshire Federation of Women’s Clubs, 2018–2020
- Greater Salem NH Chamber of Commerce, 2006–Present
- Board of Directors, Center for Life Management Community Mental Health of Derry, NH, 2007–Present
- President, American Counseling Association-NH, 1992–1994
Selectman, Salem, NH, 2006–2012
- Chairman: Board of Selectman, Salem, NH, 2009 and 2012
- Salem Planning Board, 2004–2008
- Salem District Commission, 2012–Present
- Adjunct Faculty, Massachusetts School of Law
- Adjunct Faculty, Granite State College, 1990–2006