- Massachusetts (all state and federal courts)
- New England School of Law, 1998 (J.D.)
- Merrimack College, 1995 (B.A., Phi Alpha Theta)
Ever since watching my first episode of the popular 1980’s TV drama, L.A. Law, I knew that I wanted to be a lawyer. Watching the show, I realized that it was something I could see myself doing. Although, I do not live in L.A., own a multi-million-dollar home or drive a Mercedes, I love law just the same.
The case that most impacted my career as an attorney to date is a case my colleague, Matt Donahue, and I handled for a group of homeowners. The homeowners wanted to prevent a gas station from expanding into an environmentally sensitive area and harming their children’s drinking water. We took the case all the way to the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts. The case taught me the important role lawyers play in the quiet little neighborhoods all around us and how a small group of people can make an enormous impact.
Education and making a positive difference in the world matter to me. So much so, that in addition to my law practice, I am a full-time social studies teacher at Lowell High School. I love teaching young children as much as I enjoy the law. And who knows, perhaps I will inspire the next generation to pursue a legal profession..
Associations & Memberships
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Teachers Association
- Lowell Teachers Union, Local 495
- Premier Insurance, Danvers, Massachusetts, Insurance Claims Representative, 1999 – 2000
- Butler School, Public School Teacher, 2000 – 2001
- James S. Daley Middle School, 2001 – 2007
- H. J. Robinson Middle School, 2007 – 2014
- Lowell High School, 2014 - Present