- United States Patent and Trademark Office Patent Bar
- New York
- University of New Hampshire School of Law (formerly Franklin Pierce Law Center), 1999 (J.D., Concentration on Patent Law and Intellectual Property)
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst, 1990 (B.S., Microbiology)
I am a business and intellectual property (IP) attorney focused on helping people form and build businesses to achieve their dreams. In particular, I advise clients on IP strategies to protect and monetize their ideas, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets. With a patient teacher mentality, I will work closely with you, explaining every aspect of your matter along the way to ensure you are well-informed and comfortable with our legal strategy.
I know that entrepreneurs and small business owners sometimes don’t address their legal needs because they lack the resources to hire an experienced attorney. This can be a fatal mistake, so I am committed to keeping legal costs affordable so my clients can protect their assets and monetize their innovations. Whenever feasible, I charge a one-time fixed fee instead of an hourly rate. This creates predictability for all involved so together we can focus on growing your business.
Prior to joining Eno Martin Donahue, for 15 years, I was the sole proprietor of Silva Law Office in Westford, Massachusetts. In the past, I practiced patent law.
Associations & Memberships
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Business Law Section Council, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Town of Westford, MA
- Board of Selectman, 2003 – 2006
- Cable Advisory Committee, 2002 – Present
- Affordable Housing Committee, 2003 – 2016
- Northern Middlesex Council of Governments, Westford Representative, 2003 – Present
- Adjunct Professor, University of New Hampshire School of Law (formerly Franklin Pierce Law Center)
- Massachusetts State Defense Force, 2012 – 2016
- Captain in auxiliary unit for the Massachusetts National Guard